Caplantic C - An alternative benchmarking methodology
The PRI is recognized as the leading global network for investors who are committed to integrating environmental, social and governance (ESG) considerations into their investment practices and ownership policies.
“We see sustainable investments and the continuous development of our company-wide ESG standards as a significant competitive advantage”, says Sascha Klamp, CEO of Caplantic in Cologne.
“Therefore, we are extremely proud to have successfully signed up to the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI) and thus belong to approximately 2,000 UNPRI members worldwide and around 70 members in Germany. Also for many of our investors these sustainability issues are increasingly playing a major role – and we are sure for some in the future they might be even compulsory. We see sustainability as an important added value that creates transparency, builds trust with customers and stakeholders, and strengthens culture and corporate value.”
The six key Principles for Responsible Investment are:
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
“We are delighted to welcome Caplantic to the PRI”, said CEO Fiona Reynolds. “Having them join the PRI sends a positive message to other providers in the alternative investment space of the importance of looking at ESG factors as part of an investment strategy.”